OVCSA Home UIC Home default

Financial Aid

International Students

If you are an international student, you will not qualify for federal, state or institutional need-based financial aid. Federal and state financial aid programs require you to be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident of the United States.

There are alternative loans available for international students; however, most of these loan programs require a U.S. citizen to serve as a co-signer. For more information on alternative loans, please refer to the Alternative Loans page.

For more information regarding aid resources for international students, please contact the Office of International Services.

Quick Links Resources Tools
FAFSA FinAid.org Enrollment Verification
my UIC ISAC Entrance Counseling & MPN for Federal Loans
College of Medicine                             National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS)         Financial Counselor for Campus Loans
Office of VA Student Aid on the Web Promissory Note (MPN) for Campus Loans
Schedule an appointment with your counselor Student Money Management Center Net Price Calculator
  Consumer Information  
  Contact Us  

Copyright © 2018 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois