Federal Work-Study (FWS)
FWS is money paid to undergraduate students for work at a part-time job on-campus. Both the federal government and UIC fund this program. Students interested in FWS may request when completing their award letter. Students offered FWS must secure jobs on their own and hourly wages vary. To search for a FWS job, visit the Office of Student Employment website. br> FWS employees are paid by direct deposit every two weeks Ė funds are not applied towards paying tuition charges with the University. FWS earnings are taxable and must be reported when filing the FAFSA and IRS income taxes.
The OSFA recruits literacy and math tutors for the America Reads program each year. The positions involve tutoring in family literacy centers or at a Chicago Public School (CPS) site. All sites are within 3-4 miles of UICís east campus. Tutors earn $13.00/hour. br> Eligible applicants must be: br>
- Eligible for Federal Work Study
- Available to work 10-20 hours a week
- Available to work some hours between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Able to work at least 3 hours in a row each shift
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Able to maintain satisfactory academic progress (2.0 GPA and 67% credit completion rate)
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester
Visit the OSFA reception area in the Student Services Building to request an application or download it here.
Copyright © 2016 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois